Our pals had a baby girl, so I did what I seem now to do for anyone's significant life event, and took to the sewing machine.
As much as I would have loved to spend hours and hours over the patching, I just didn't have the time. So I sewed a trusty split 9 patch. It went superfast- I think a night time and a morning, to put the whole thing together.
Maybe it went fast because I didn't spend hours deliberating over the colours. It was good to finally some of the prize fabric that I won nearly three years ago. Three years! Blimey.
Using a Split 9 patch like this would make a really effective double quilt. Hmm.. that gives me an idea..